Shari Popejoy is available to speak at women’s retreats, marriage conferences, women’s ministry events, homeschool conferences, and writing workshops.
Some of her topics include:
- Beauty of the Thorn; using a fairytale theme, wives are inspired to respect the thorny differences of their husbands as part of the delicious dichotomy of the mystery of marriage.
- Dance of Mahanaim; using the Song of Solomon reference, explore the despicable dance of desire and despair that couples often dance, with tips and techniques to enjoy the dance instead of getting your toes stepped on.
- Sarah’s Daughters; the mothering that women are called to bestow on other women and girls, to promote healing instead of competition in the Body of Christ and the world.
- Proverbs 31 for the Average Woman; using the theme of Proverbs 31, an average woman from the Bible is described, proving that she had all the qualities found in this very common woman, that we can all emulate.
- Won Without Words; how the principles of I Peter 3:1 changed her marriage, and how the techniques of the principles of Won Without Words can bring peace and love to every marriage.
- Parable of the Peach Tree; a parable of how a tree went from barren to beautiful and bountiful with some tender loving care of the husbandman, and how that applies to marriage.
- Mythopoeia writing; making fables and how writers like C.S. Lewis, George MacDonald, and Madeleine L’Engle used stories to reveal spiritual truths
- Teaching Writing; for homeschool moms, a workshop to help them make writing fun and to relieve them of the stress of teaching this subject.
- Flash Fiction; for young writers–how to write flash fiction and get published; tips for entering the Injoy Flash Fiction Contest.
- Shari, Laurel, and Kaitlin Popejoy are available for mentoring young women and little girls with passion fashion, tea parties, princess parties, and girlie-girl celebrations in conjunction with Women’s Ministry or homeschool events.
To contact Shari about scheduling a speaking event, or to get a publicity packet, contact us here.
Connect with Shari through Balancing The Sword Homeschool Conference and Workshop Leaders.